Good Choices aims to give back to the local New Zealand community by providing a facility to enable visitors and Members to donate to one of six Registered Charities nominated by the Foundation Partners.
Marketplace Checkout Donations
Customers purchasing products for sale online through the Marketplace will be offered the opportunity to add a Donation to their Cart Total whilst going through the Checkout.
- Customers will be able to select from a nominal donation of $5.00, $10.00 or $20.00. A field will also allow them to enter alternative amounts, however the minimum donation amount will be set at $2.00.
- All Customers (Site Visitors and Members) will be able to bypass this step if they decide not to donate at that time. Donation is optional.
- Customers will then select their preferred Charity from the six Registered Charities nominated by the Foundation Partners.
- Members will additionally be able to 'save' their preferred Charity so that it auto-selects their Charity through each Checkout process.
- Marketplace purchases are done through credit card payment method only. The donation component of the cart total will be transferred electronically to a separate bank account and held in trust for regular distribution to each of the Charities.
- Funds for each Charity will be distributed each Financial Quarter, these dates being 1 January, 1 April, 1 July and 1 October of each year.
- Charities will receive the full amount of each donation, less a credit card processing fee of 6%. (This fee may reduce as it is subject to processing volume and average value). This fee is imposed by Merchant Services. Good Choices will not be charging any additional administration or handling fees.
- There is no minimum amount that must be reached before funds are distributed to the Charity.
- The total donations raised for each Charity will be displayed on the Business Profile page for that Charity. In addition, a donations page will summarise the donations to each of the six Charities, in addition to the total contributed across all Charities. This will be done in realtime, so transparency exists for both Customers and the Charities themselves.
As a Stage 2 development (anticipated in April-May 2016), it is hoped to build Donation Gateways for the six Registered Charities nominated by the Foundation Partners and other Registered Charities. The Donations Gateways will allow website visitors and members to make donations without requiring a purchase via the Marketplace.
This will also allow more Charities to gain exposure for their causes through communications with our membership, partners and all other site visitors.
Further details for this will be available on this page once the Foundation Partners have been secured, and thusly once we know which Charities will be involved.