Who can Advertise?
Good Choices provides a platform for businesses to promote their organic, sustainable, ethical, charitable or local products and services to our conscientious audience. Every effort is made to vet advertisers to ensure their ideology is aligned with our own prior to making their listings live.
Where a business is a member of an approved organisation or has relevant certifications, their acceptance is more likely to be assured. We are however, not the police. Our purpose is to provide better choices for consumers and as such there may be businesses, especially smaller and newer businesses who do not yet have the desired memberships or certifications. Thusly, each business will be assessed on its own merits in such cases.
We do not stipulate that providers herein are required to have a relevant certification or affiliate association but trust that their claims are covered by the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act. If you have any concerns that an advertiser does not share the Good Choices ethos and is inappropriate for our audience, please contact us.
Terms and Conditions
of Advertising on goodchoices.co.nz
The following terms and conditions apply to all rate card items in relation to goodchoices.co.nz that we accept for publication on the website. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, all rate card items including listings, business profiles, online stores, competitions, banners and newsletter insertions are deemed to be advertisements.
- Good Choices NZ Limited is a registered company incorporated in New Zealand and as such the legal jurisdiction of New Zealand law applies.
New Zealand Business Number 9429032359770, Company Number 2217134.
Inland Revenue Department Number 101-815-897.
1. Submission of Advertising
By accepting your advertisement for publication, and in publishing it we are doing so in consideration of and relying on your express warranty, the truth of which is essential, that:
- The advertisement does not contain anything that:
- is misleading or deceptive or likely to mislead or deceive or which otherwise breaches the Fair Trading Act 1986; or
- is defamatory or indecent or which otherwise offends against generally accepted community standards or may breach the Human Rights Act 1993; or
- infringes a copyright or trademark or otherwise infringes any intellectual or industrial property rights; or
- breaches any provision of any statute, regulation, by-law or other rule or law; and
- The advertisement complies in every way with the Advertising Codes of Practice issued by the Advertising Standards Authority Inc. ("ASA") and with every other code or industry standard relating to advertising in New Zealand; and
- Publication of the advertisement will not give rise to any liability on our part or in a claim being made against us.
You agree to indemnify us against all losses or costs arising directly or indirectly from any breach of your warranties and from any costs incurred in making corrections or amendments in accordance with other terms in this agreement.
Copyright in this website (including text, graphics, logos and software) is owned or licensed by us. You may not, without our prior written permission, in any form or by any means adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this website or commercialise or on-sell any information, items obtained from any part of this website without our express written prior permission.
4. Right to refuse or withdraw advertising
We reserve the right to cancel, reject or refuse to continue the publication of any advertisement without providing any reason for such rejection or refusal at any time prior to, or after, publication of the advertisement. Where an advertisement is cancelled, rejected or refused by us, charges incurred will be the same as those incurred if you had cancelled the booking yourself.
5. Right to vary format and placement
- We may publish the advertisement on the next available day if there is an error or delay in publication of the advertising as booked.
- We may correct or amend advertising to conform to style or for other genuine reason as long as we do so using reasonable care.
- We reserve the right to correctly classify and edit all copy.
- Square banner rates are based on a rotational basis shared with a maximum of three advertisers per position.
- You must contact us within 7 days if there is an error or omission in any advertisement you placed. We will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss (which includes loss of revenue or profit) from an error or omission or failure to publish and if we are found to have any direct liability for any circumstance that liability is limited to the cost of the space of the advertisement. If an advertisement does not publish or publish correctly Good Choices can elect to re-run the advertisement correctly at an alternative date suitable to both parties.
- We will only investigate complaints during normal office hours (8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays).
All cancellations of advertisements must be in writing and must include the Transaction ID provided on your Receipt. Advertisements cancelled within 30 days prior to the commencement date incur the full charges for placement of the advertisement. Advertisements cancelled earlier incur a handling fee equal to 40% of the rate card value.
8. Advertising Rates and Taxes
- The charge for an advertisement will be in accordance with the published rate card at the time for the publication, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
- All advertising rates are exclusive of Goods and Service Tax which will be charged to all New Zealand resident and non-resident advertisers.
- These rates are effective from 1 November 2015. Rates may be varied at any time by us without notice.
- Banner advertisements are for a one calendar month period. Three banner spaces will provide advertising on rotation with a maximum of three advertisers in each space.
- Where an Advertiser is running a competition, it is up to the advertiser to supply the competition prize or reward. Likewise it is beholden on the advertiser to abide by both their own competition terms and the general competition terms as required by Good Choices.
- All rates assume that digital files for photos, logos and banners are available. Production of files, including banner design, are additional to these rates and may be quoted on request.
9. Payment & Commencement
- Where you have not paid by Credit Card, you will be issued with a seven (7) day invoice for your advertisement.
- Your advertisement will not go live until such time as payment is received in full, even if the commencement date has passed, unless alternative payment terms have been negotiated in writing and a credit application has been completed.
- Advertisements which are sold for a one month period, and which go live at any time during the period require payment for the entire period, irrespective of the extent of the month remaining.
10. Warranty of Service and System Integrity
We give no warranty that:
- The services we provide will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free.
- The information provided on the website is error free or reliable.
- The quality of any items obtained pursuant to the services provided by us will meet your requirements.
- We will make the best possible efforts to ensure the best possible availability of the Adstuff website and services, however we take no responsibility for any lack of system availability, or any losses that are incurred as a result of site availability or performance.
11. Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The guarantees contained in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are excluded where you acquire, or hold yourself out as acquiring, goods or services from us for the purpose of a business.